City Manager's Office
The City Manager's Office administers programs and policies of the City Commission. The manager and staff provide professional assistance to the commission including information and recommendations.
Major responsibilities are to:
- Review and oversee departmental operations and all personnel functions.
- Recommend annual budget.
- Administer the adopted budget and capital improvement programs.
- Act as liaison with citizens, businesses, community organizations and government agencies.
- Coordinate intergovernmental relations including assisting with public agendas.
- Monitor state and federal legislation.
- Prepare City Commission meeting agenda, including supporting materials.
- Coordinate compliance with national and state laws.
- Conduct and coordinate policy research.
- Respond to requests for information and assist citizens with requests for service.
- Communicate with key constituents: citizens, employees and the media.
Other City Manager responsibilities include preparing the budget documents each year, city outreach efforts including Lawrence In-Focus, city newsletters and the city website, and providing staff support to various boards including the Sister Cities Advisory Board, Lawrence Cultural Arts Commission, Convention and Visitors Bureau Advisory Board, Public Incentives Review Committee, Joint Economic Development Council and Public Transit Advisory Committee.