The Department of Utilities is responsible for review, comment, and acceptance of construction plans for all water and sewer lines. Engineers and contractors must comply with the following documents through the design and construction process, as well as those required by other City Departments:
PLEASE NOTE: Technical specifications, design criteria and standard details have been updated. A summary of those changes can be reviewed in the City of Lawrence Department of Utilities Annual Review of Construction Material Specifications, Design Criteria and Standard Details.
- Guidelines (PDF, 27K)
- Typical connection details (PDF, 180K)
- Application for service (PDF, 61K)
- Current fire flow data may be obtained from Utilities Engineering by completing the Fire Hydrant Flow Test Request Form.
Domestic and Irrigation Services
- Guidelines (PDF, 25K)
- Application for service (PDF, 85K)
- Overview of Water Service Installation Charges (PDF, 167K)
Water Master Plan (PDF, 6.9MB)
Wastewater Master Plan (PDF, 15.8 MB)
Integrated 2012 Wastewater Utilities Plan - Executive Summary (PDF, 2.4 MB)
Integrated 2012 Wastewater Utilities Plan (PDF, 13.1 MB)
Integrated 2012 Water Utilities Plan (PDF, 61.4 MB)
KDHE Sanitary Sewer Minimum Standards of Design (PDF, 13.99 MB)