Solid Waste Task Force
Established by Resolution No. 6918, the Solid Waste Task Force (SWTF) should develop recommendations to the Lawrence City Commission regarding the long-term solid waste options for the citizens of Lawrence.
The Solid Waste Task Force will:
- Articulate / document the services currently provided through solid waste user fees.
- Articulate issues driving recommendations for service changes.
- Consider solid waste services that may be included in the long-range plan for the Lawrence community (such as, variable rate pricing, curbside recycling, yard trimmings collection, bulky item collection, and so on).
- Seek community-wide input in the options for desired solid waste services.
- Develop recommendations for the Lawrence City Commission regarding implementation of services or changes to existing services.
- Propose timelines and educational outreach to achieve recommended service levels.
The City of Lawrence is interested in feedback about current and future solid waste services. Feedback can be submitted by using the online form. Please consider providing contact information in order to allow for continued discussion of the topic with the Task Force if needed.