Information for Residents
- How to Stay Informed in Lawrence
- Current Construction Projects
- Rock Chalk Park & Recreation Center
- Solid Waste Services and Recycling
- 2013 State of the City Address (PDF)
- Plan a trip on The T with Google Transit
- U.S. News & World Report: "Lawrence one of 10 best places to retire"
- Lawrence Neighborhood Associations Information
- Also see our current topics page
Where can I get help with ...
- Applying for a building permit
- Applying for a city job
- Applying for a marriage license
- Disposing of grass and leaves
- Establishing, transferring or canceling water utilities
- Estimating residential property tax
- Getting trash service and trash containers
- Paying my traffic or parking ticket online
- Paying my water utility bill online
- Registering a domestic partnership
- Registering a vehicle and get car tags
- Reserving a recreation building or shelter
- Riding the bus
- Scheduling trash pickup for large items
- Signing up for recreation classes, programs and events
- Using the city airport
Where can I ...
Have some fun?
- Check out books, movies and more at the library
- Find exercise classes, programs and special recreation events
- Find a recreation center
- Find parks and trails in Lawrence
- Participate in adult sports
- Participate in youth sports
- Play golf
- Swim at the indoor pool
Find a job?
- Forms for Residents
- Parks and Recreation
- Pay your water bill
- Request a City Service
- Setting up Utilities
- Printable City Services Guide
- Good Neighbor Ordinances
- Printable Residential Recycling Guide (PDF)
How do I ...
Contact the city?
- Bus re-routes
- City Commission agendas
- City Commission agendas delivered via e-mail
- Construction projects
- Days city offices are closed
- News updates delivered via e-mail
- Planning Commission agendas
- Social Media
Make a difference?
- Dispose of household hazardous waste
- Find a recycling drop box
- Learn about crime prevention
- Volunteer to be on an advisory board
- Volunteer for a park project
- Volunteer for a project in our community
Who do I contact to ...
Report a problem?
- Animals at large, barking and animal bites
- Blight or weeds
- Building code violation
- Damaged or broken water meters
- Damaged street signs and malfunctioning traffic signals
- Hazardous sidewalk - Call (785) 832-3123
- Possible discrimination
- Street light out
- Request Police to check your property when traveling
- Water or sewer emergency