Police Department Facility
The City of Lawrence, Kansas 2014 capital budget includes funding for the initial stages of a new facility for all of the City’s police department and related functions. The proposed facility would be located on approximately 12 to 15 acres of property. The City is currently evaluating possible locations and invites property owners and/or their representatives to submit proposals or information concerning their interest in selling property to the City for this use.
Information and documents related to this proposed facility will be provided via this website.
Real Estate Proposals Received:
- One Riverfront Plaza, East Side
- 5651 West 6th Street
- K-10 Highway and 6th Street interchange
- W. 31st Street
- Mercato (northeast corner of the K-10 Highway and 6th Street interchange)
- Northeast corner of Wakarusa and Clinton Parkway
- Franklin Road
- Invitation for Responses - Real Estate for new Police Facility
- 2012 Police Facility Needs Assessment Study (PowerPoint)
- 2012 Police Facility Needs Assessment Study