FAQs - Rental Registration

Inspection Program Questions

If a property is not registered as a rental property, what should I do?

  1. Call the Code Enforcement Divison at (785) 832-7700 and request to be transferred to the rental inspector.
  2. Report a Code Violation.
  3. E-mail a potential code violation.

For each of the above you will need the address of the property and an explanation as to why you believe the property to be a rental property.

What will happen after I report the property?

  1. The rental inspector will investigate the complaint.
  2. If the complaint is founded a letter will be sent to the property owner requesting they register their property within 30 days.
  3. If the complaint is unfounded, the case will be closed.

If the complainant leaves a name and phone number, the rental inspector will make contact and report on the complaint’s progress.

Rental License Questions