Green Business Leaders
Lawrence’s Green Business Leaders Program
The City of Lawrence is working to reduce energy use in our buildings to save money for taxpayers and help meet our sustainability goals. Lawrence’s businesses are key partners in this effort.
The Green Business Leaders Program provides access to educational programs and tools businesses can use to save energy and cut their operating costs.
Green Business Leaders will:
- Learn how to slash their energy costs,
- Make improvements to their buildings that save energy and money,
- Earn recognition as a Green Business Leader in our community,
- Assist the community in meeting our greenhouse gas reduction targets.
- Two meetings in early 2013 will cover:
- Business-friendly energy efficiency programs, rebates, and incentives.
- Proven energy efficiency solutions: Lighting and HVAC quick-wins.
- How to track your business’s energy usage with Westar’s smartmeter program.
- One on-site FREE energy audit: Westar Energy is providing free energy audits to all participating businesses. An energy audit is a building-specific study that will help you target where your business can save.
- One meeting after the energy audit to share lessons learned from the audit and to plan your business’s energy improvement project.
- One awards ceremony in late 2013 to be recognized for your energy savings achievements.
If selected to participate in Lawrence’s Green Business Leaders Program, you agree to:
- attend two or three educational meetings on how to save energy and money in your buildings.
- participate in a FREE energy audit of your business (provided by Westar Energy staff).
- pursue cost-effective energy efficiency retrofits during 2013.
- share your results and best practices with the other participating businesses and the City.