2013 City Commission Election
The City Commission consists of five officials elected at large. Three city commissioners are up for election every two years. The two top vote getters win four-year terms, and the third place finisher wins a two-year term. In that way, a majority of the commission can be replaced in any election. No term limits exist.
The City Commission elects a Mayor and Vice-Mayor annually at the first meeting in April in even numbered years and at the second meeting in April in odd numbered years. In 2013, the seats currently held by Commissioners Amyx, Carter, and Cromwell will be up for election.
- January 22, 2013 (Noon)
Primary Election (If seven or more candidates file)
- Advance Voting Begins: Feb. 6, 2013
- Primary Election: Feb. 26, 2013
- Advance Voting Begins: March 13, 2013
- General Election: April 2, 2013
How to file as a candidate
If you are interested in becoming a candidate for the City Commission, please see the attached Memo to Candidates (PDF) and the following documents relating to filing as a candidate:
- Candidate’s Declaration of Intention (PDF)
- Nomination Petitions (PDF - please note the Affidavit on the reverse side of the petition);
- Appointment of Treasurer or Candidate Committee (PDF)
- Statement of Substantial Interests for Local Office Form (PDF) and Guidance;
- Sign Code excerpts (PDF)